TLC@AOM Call for Volunteers
The deadline for submitting your application was Wednesday, 20 October 2021.
The TLC is an All-Academy "conference within a conference" committed to advancing the practice of teaching. It was launched in 2013 with the support of the Academy of Management Board as a sponsored strategic project. Since then, TLC@AOM has proven to be a great success with increasing levels of interest as the years have progressed.
The TLC Committee is searching for four additional volunteers with a passion for teaching and the ability to invest time throughout the year to assist with the tasks required to make this conference a continuing success. Volunteers will initially serve a one-year term as At-Large members or as Communication co-chair, with the potential for progression to Program and Committee Co-Chairs in the following years. All volunteers should be able to commit a total of 80 to 100 hours throughout the year and be willing to serve on the TLC Committee for five years.
The TLC Committee is seeking volunteer applicants who meet the following selection criteria:
- An earned doctorate from a regionally accredited doctoral program or an internationally renowned university;
- A minimum of five years of teaching at the university level;
- Evidence of conference presentations, books, or articles resulting from teaching activities;
- Previous experience as (i) an editorial review board member for a scholarly or teaching journal or (ii) a minimum of three years’ experience as a reviewer for a journal, a scholarly conference, or the Teaching and Learning Conference;
- A commitment to attend the Academy of Management Annual Meeting and all relevant TLC meetings (pre- and post-conference meetings);
- A commitment to participate in conference calls throughout the year to discuss TLC conference details and to be accessible without large gaps in time;
- A willingness to serve as a reviewer for the TLC and provide feedback in a timely manner on conference-related issues;
- A commitment to work with the TLC Committee throughout the day of the Teaching and Learning Conference on activities such as serving as session chairs and monitoring sessions to ensure presenters keep to their designated time frame;
- Attendance at one or more of the previous Teaching and Learning Conferences;
- A commitment to working within the TLC Committee in a collegial, collaborative, timely, and participative manner.
Appointment to the committee is made by the AOM TLC Committee Leadership Team in consultation with the Academy of Management Board of Directors.
The TLC Committee Leadership Team
Outgoing committee co-chairs
Lise Aaboen, Norwegian University of Science and Technology and Belgin Okay-Somerville, University of Glasgow
Karen MacMillan, Wilfrid Laurier University and Vicki Taylor, Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania
Dante Di Gregorio, California State University, Monterey Bay and Tawnya Means, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
AOM 2022 Key Dates
- Annual Meeting Program coming soon!
- 5-9 August
Annual Meeting in Seattle, Washington, USA
- 4-10 August:
Annual Meeting on the Virtual Platform